The Center for Accessible Living is looking for one full time Independent Living Advocate to work out of the Murray, KY office. Interested individuals may submit a resume:
Via fax: (502) 589-3980 “Attn: HR”
Or mail: Human Resources, Center for Accessible Living, 501 S. 2nd Street, Suite 200, Louisville, KY 40202
No Phone Calls Please.
Job Title: Independent Living Advocate
Date Open: 9/25/2015 – 10/09/2015
Department: Program Services – Murray
Position Reports to: Directly to Coordinator of Services. Under general supervision of the Management Team.
Responsible for planning, developing and coordinating advocacy services. Provides advocacy services to people with disabilities and family members through outreach. In addition, serves as a community liaison and coordinates advocacy activities in communities throughout the area. Works to enhance the quality of the lives of individuals with disabilities. Provides outreach in the western part of Kentucky, especially the Purchase and Pennyrile areas.This is a full time job located in the Center for Accessible Living Inc.’s Murray office. Full benefits available after 90 days. Travel is an essential function within the Pennyrile and Purchase areas as well as occasional overnight travel.
- Responsible for overall direction, implementation, and day-to-day activities of the Advocacy program.
- Provide individual advocacy services; Assist consumers with advocacy issues when assistance and support is requested
- Assist consumers in filing complaints of ADA violations
- Maintain a consumer legislative alert tree/system
- Assist the CIL staff with advocacy efforts upon request
- Assist consumers in developing their individual advocacy skills through classroom training and/or one-on-one interaction
- Provide System Advocacy services
- Assist consumers in developing an Independent Living Plan or waiver and complete activities necessary for Center intake process.
- Follow up with consumers to assure that the requested services are maintained.
- Refer consumers who need other IL or supportive services internally or externally to the appropriate entity and assist consumers to increase their awareness of community resources.
- Monitor state and federal legislation regarding disability issues, and disseminate information as appropriate
- Monitor local community issues affecting people with disabilities
- Maintain working relationships and communicate with state, county, city, and other government organizations to assure that policies, procedures, and services are in accordance with existing laws
- Advocate with local, state and federal governmental agencies to assure positive changes in disability law and policy
- Provide technical assistance and support to local community employers, businesses and government agencies in ADA compliance
- Collaborate jointly with resources and community programs such as rehabilitation services, mental health facilities, transportation, government offices, etc., to achieve consumer Independent Living goals.
- Participate in community events and public relations efforts, which include public speaking and presentations to community groups and organizations
- Serve on community-wide committees, which promote community involvement and cooperative networking regarding disability issues
- Assist in the development of training workshops, seminars, and presentations as they relate to disability issues based on community needs
- Teach self-advocacy skills to consumers to assist in developing problem solving skills.
- Participate in the Center’s systems advocacy activities.
- Provide direct service to consumers with complaints regarding discrimination issues.
- Provide Independent living skills training to consumers.
- Provide information and referral services.
- Attend required trainings and other community meetings as necessary.
- Complete necessary and required paperwork and case notes, maintain electronic and paper files and documentation according to Center procedures.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report progress and problems to the Coordinator of Services.
- Adhere to Center for Accessible Living, Inc. philosophy, mission statement and policies.
- Maintain consumer confidentiality.
- Respect the rights, values and beliefs of consumers.
- Maintain scheduled appointments.
- Participate in the outreach activities in accordance with the Center’s outreach plan.
- Serve as Center liaison to community groups as assigned by Center Management Team.
- Participate in resource development activities of the Center.
- All other duties as assigned by Center management team.
- Associate’s degree, and/or minimum of three years life experience with a disability preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent personal, written, and verbal skills are required.
- Strong computer skills, including experience and familiarity with MS Office, specifically in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work with diverse populations, including people with disabilities, in a professional manner.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with consumers and co-workers and the community.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of practical problems. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Able to arrange dependable transportation in the area.
- Good problem solving skills, especially in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and genuine concern for others.
- Knowledge of the Independent Living Philosophy.
- Bilingual/bicultural helpful.
- Individuals who have experience as consumers of disability-related services encouraged to apply.
The Center for Accessible Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all persons regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation. People with disabilities, veterans, minorities encouraged to apply.