IL Specialist Part-time in Louisville,Ky
Interested qualified individuals may submit a resume or CV to:
Center for Accessible Living.
501 S 2nd Street, Suite 200
Louisville, KY 40202
Please, no phone calls.
Job Grade: Position reports directly to the Assistant Director. Under general supervision by CAL Management Team.
1. Responsible for the overall direction, implementation, and day to-day activities of the program.
2. Complete activities necessary for Center intake process, including, when appropriate, interviewing and evaluating individuals and/or families for services.
3. Assist consumers in developing an Independent Living Plan (or waiver) and support consumers toward successful completion.
4. Follow up with consumers to assure that the requested services are maintained.
5. Refer consumers who need other IL or supportive services internally or externally to the appropriate entity and assist consumers to increase their awareness of community resources.
6. Collaborate jointly with resources and community programs such as rehabilitation services, mental health facilities, transportation, government offices, etc., to achieve consumer Independent Living goals.
7. Teach self-advocacy skills to consumers to assist in developing problem-solving skills.
8. Participate in the Center’s systems advocacy activities.
9. Provide direct service to consumers with complaints regarding discrimination issues.
10. Provide Independent Living Skills training to consumers.
11. Provide information and referral services.
12. Attend required trainings and other community meetings as necessary.
13. Complete necessary and required paperwork and case notes, maintain electronic and paper files and documentation according to Center procedures.
14. Facilitate and assist in developing activities and independent living skills trainings for Center consumers.
15. Provide peer support, where appropriate.
1. Report progress and problems to the Assistant Director.
2. Adhere to CAL philosophy, mission statement, and policies.
3. Maintain consumer confidentiality.
4. Respect the rights, values, and beliefs of consumers.
5. Maintain scheduled appointments.
6. Participate in the outreach activities in accordance with the Center’s outreach plan.
7. Serve as Center liaison to community groups as assigned by Center CAL Leadership Team.
8. Participate in resource development activities of the Center.
9. All other duties as assigned by Center management team.
1. Bachelor’s degree, and/or minimum of three years life experience with a disability preferred.
2. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and multi tasking abilities.
3. Excellent personal, written, and verbal skills are required.
4. Strong computer skills, including experience and familiarity with MS Office, specifically in Word, Excel, and Outlook, Microsoft 365, and virtual platforms such as Zoom.
5. Ability to work with diverse populations, including people with disabilities, in a professional manner.
6. Ability to maintain effective relationships with consumers and co-workers and the community.
7. Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of practical problems, and deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
8. Ability to arrange dependable transportation, if necessary.
9. Possess good problem-solving skills, especially in a fast-paced environment.
10. Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and genuine concern for others.
11. Ability to work remotely, as needed, and provide services and attend meetings virtually via Zoom, Teams, and other virtual platforms.
1. Knowledge of the Independent Living Philosophy.
2. Knowledge of disabilities and their characteristics.
3. Bilingual/bicultural helpful.
4. Individuals who have experience as consumers of disability-related services are encouraged to apply.