One full time position open, Louisville KY.
Interested qualified individuals may submit a Resume or CV to:
Center for Accessible Living.
501 S 2nd Street, Suite 200
Louisville, KY 40202
Please, no phone calls.
Applications Accepted through COB, August 25, 2017.
Job Title: Accessibility Manager
Department: Program Services
Position Reports to: Reports directly to the Coordinator of Services. Under general supervision by CAL Management Team.
Responsible for the development and implementation of the Rampbuilders Program, to include oversee the daily operation of the Rampbuilders Program and to conduct all activities related to the construction and installation of access modifications provided by the program. Conducts fee-for-service Accessibility Surveys for businesses and governments. Works to enhance the quality of the lives of individuals with disabilities. This is a Full Time job located in the Center for Accessible Living Inc.’s Office. Full benefits available after 90 day probation period.
- Responsible for overall direction, implementation, and day-to-day activities of the programs.
- Assist consumers in developing an Independent Living Plan or waiver and complete activities necessary for Center intake process. Determines program eligibility and ensures compliance with all funding source requirements. When necessary, visits home-bound consumers to complete consumer eligibility paperwork. Complete necessary and required paperwork and case notes, maintain electronic and paper files and documentation according to Center procedures.
- Handles all communications with the funding sources, potential funding sources, contractors, and any/all other entities involved in the process of project approval and construction or installation of access modifications
- Communicates with consumer to explain reasons for delays or to resolve complaints. Follow up with consumers to assure that the requested services are maintained
- Ensures budget compliance, request and approves estimates and determines all access modification projects to be completed. Determines funding source for each project and generates requests for payment to contractors for completed projects. Generates related reports as required for funding sources.
- Conducts fee-for-service Accessibility Surveys for businesses and governments. Generates accurate and detailed reports based on accessibility surveys.
- Maintains an up-to-date working knowledge of accessibility guidelines at the federal, state and local levels as they pertain to the program.
- Promote accessibility and awareness of accessibility issues for individuals with mobility impairments. Promotes the programs both to the community and to potential funding sources.
- Identifies missing eligibility information and engages in necessary activities to obtain missing information on a monthly basis, marking consumers for removal from waiting list as necessary
- Visits each site of access modifications provided by the program within thirty (30) days of installation, assesses quality, and provides written and pictorial descriptions
- Collaborate jointly with resources and community programs such as rehabilitation services, mental health facilities, transportation, government offices, etc, to achieve consumer Independent Living goals. Refer consumers who need other IL or supportive services internally or externally to the appropriate entity, assist consumers to increase their awareness of community resources.
- Participate in the Center’s systems advocacy activities.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report progress and problems to the Coordinator of Services.
- Adhere to Center for Accessible Living, Inc. philosophy, mission statement and policies.
- Maintain consumer confidentiality.
- Respect the rights, values and beliefs of consumers.
- Maintain scheduled appointments.
- Participate in the outreach activities in accordance with the Center’s outreach plan.
- Serve as Center liaison to community groups as assigned by Center Management Team.
- Participate in resource development activities of the Center.
- All other duties as assigned by Center management team.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent personal, written, and verbal skills are required.
- Strong computer skills, including experience and familiarity with MS Office, specifically in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work with diverse populations, including people with disabilities, in a professional manner.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with consumers and co-workers and the community.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of practical problems. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Able to arrange dependable transportation in the area.
- Good problem solving skills, especially in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and genuine concern for others.
- Bachelor’s degree, and/or minimum of three years life experience with a disability preferred.
- Knowledge of the Independent Living Philosophy.
- Bilingual/bicultural helpful.
- Individuals who have experience as consumers of disability-related services encouraged to apply.
This position is Grant funded, renewable on an annual basis.
The Center for Accessible Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all persons regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation. People with disabilities, veterans, minorities encouraged to apply.